Re: Install Google Chrome

On Mon, 2013-11-18 at 14:27 -0500, Doug wrote:
> Isn't Firefox available on Debian? (It's been a while since I had Deb
> installed.) AFAIK, FF will download your bills, or whatever. I've never
> used, or needed, Chrome or Chromium.

One issue is caused by my ISP's homepage. If I use Firefox, Opera, or
what ever browser, then I sometimes can download my bills, but most of
the times it doesn't work. It can take more than an hour to get the fine
bill. They don't allow right click on the PDF, it's some java crap. When
using Chrome I didn't run into this issue. The homepage of Alice, aka O2
is a PITA. It's possible to use another ISP, but similar issues appear
from time to time not only for the ISP. My neighbours have the same
issues when using Firefox on Windows. I don't know what does cause the
issue and I don't care, but Chrome can handle lot's of stuff that can't
be handled by Firefox, Opera, Midori, QupZilla etc..

I dislike Chrome and don't use it fore anything else. Chrome was
installed just in case I want to watch a video that does need flash
player, but I never use it for this task.

This is harmless (less animated crap, right click allowed) ->
http://www.o2online.de/ compared to what happens after login. However,
to execute the criminal responsible for this web design by skinning,
would be much to humane.

Compare Firefox 25.0 and Chrome 31.0.1650.57. Open
http://www.o2online.de/ and just move the mouse cursor and you'll see
the difference between Firefox and Chrome. There are completely no
issues for Chrome, but with Firefox there's an unwanted effect. Once
you're logged in, it's much more evil.