Re: wheezy scanning with officejet 6500

Thanks for the reply Ralph. I tried what you suggested before resorting to latest hplip and it worked fine but I was hoping for more native support. The latest hplip package gives me everything but I feel like I am introducing an alien into my laptop because it hasn't gone through Debian stable scrubbing process. :)

If all else fails and my desire to keep Debian as close to stable as possible takes over, I may resort to doing what you suggested but I wish there was a way to figure out what's preventing scanning from working even though it's fully supported on paper with wheezy.

Thanks again.