Re: Upgrade all "kept back" packages

On 10 November 2013 17:06, Beco <rcb@beco.cc> wrote:
> On 10 November 2013 16:17, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> Im removing all that does not comply with the Debian packages. But
> still, I'm having trouble trying to remove specific packages that
> insist that I need to get rid of KDE or other big stuffs.

apt-get remove $(deborphan)
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libisccc60 libisccfg62
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  cups-driver-gutenprint foo2zjs lib32tinfo5 libbind9-60
libboost-iostreams1.42.0 libdb4.6 libdb4.7 libdb4.8 libeina1
  libescpr1 libevent-1.4-2 libkadm5clnt-mit7 libkadm5srv-mit7
liblwres60 librpcsecgss3 libtar0 libtokyocabinet8
  libxcb-composite0 libxcb-xfixes0 linux-image-2.6-amd64
virtualbox-guest-additions virtualbox-ose-qt xulrunner-10.0
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 23 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Then, I went to the list one by one, removing the ones I could,
without incurring in a chain of removables.

I finally got my system into this situation (8 files not ok):

# apt-show-versions | grep -v uptodate
epson-inkjet-printer-201215w 1.0.0-1lsb3.2 installed: No available
version in archive
kde 5:66 installed: No available version in archive
kdebase 5:66 installed: No available version in archive
libmp3lame0 1:3.99.5-0.1 newer than version in archive
libvlc5 1:2.0.1-0.6 newer than version in archive
libvlccore5 1:2.0.1-0.6 newer than version in archive
libxvidcore4 3:1.3.2-0.6 newer than version in archive
vlc-data 1:2.0.1-0.6 newer than version in archive

And sources.list is:

# generated by
# Debian Sources List Generator (Beta)
# 2013-01-13
# http://debgen.simplylinux.ch/

deb http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free

#Third Parties Repos
#deb http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/pub/debian-multimedia/ wheezy main non-free
deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian wheezy contrib non-free

# after apt-get update, run:
# Oracle VM VirtualBox - Third Parties Repos, virtualbox.org
# wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc
-O- | sudo apt-key add -

#java oracle automatic
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu precise main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu precise main
#apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys EEA14886

#unicamp
#  apt-key adv --keyserver keyring.debian.org --recv-keys 07DC563D1F41B907
#
# Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options
--no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /tmp/tmp.Nh3SiyWmJu
--trustdb-name /etc/apt//trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg
--primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-squeeze-automatic.gpg --keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-squeeze-stable.gpg --keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-wheezy-automatic.gpg --keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-wheezy-stable.gpg --keyserver
keyring.debian.org --recv-keys 07DC563D1F41B907
# gpg: requesting key 1F41B907 from hkp server keyring.debian.org
# gpg: key 1F41B907: public key "Christian Marillat
<marillat@debian.org>" imported
# gpg: no ultimately trusted keys found
# gpg: Total number processed: 1
# gpg:               imported: 1

>From this 8 files:

epson-inkjet-printer-201215w 1.0.0-1lsb3.2 installed: ok. need it. its
my printer.

kde 5:66 installed: I'm quite sure I need this also. ;)
kdebase 5:66 installed:  and this.

Still, I would like them to be from the current sources.list now. How
can I do it? downgrade it? how?

And if not needed, delete the files:
libmp3lame0 1:3.99.5-0.1 newer than version in archive
libvlc5 1:2.0.1-0.6 newer than version in archive
libvlccore5 1:2.0.1-0.6 newer than version in archive
libxvidcore4 3:1.3.2-0.6 newer than version in archive
vlc-data 1:2.0.1-0.6 newer than version in archive

If needed, make them come from my sources.list.

Example:

# apt-get install vlc-data=2.0.3-5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  advancecomp amarok-common amarok-utils amor asymptote asymptote-doc
blogilo bovo cantor cantor-backend-kalgebra cervisia
  cvsservice dblatex digikam-data enblend enfuse gnugo granatier
guile-1.8 guile-1.8-libs hugin hugin-data hugin-tools
  javascript-common kalgebra kalzium kalzium-data katomic kblackbox
kbreakout kbruch kcachegrind kcharselect kcolorchooser
  kde-config-cron kde-icons-mono kdeadmin kdeartwork-style
kdeartwork-theme-icon kdeedu-kvtml-data kdegames-card-data
  kdegames-mahjongg-data kdenetwork-filesharing kdepim-strigi-plugins
kdesdk-kio-plugins kdesdk-misc kdesdk-scripts
  kdesdk-strigi-plugins kdetoys kdewallpapers kdewebdev kdf kdiamond
kfilereplace kfloppy kfourinline kgamma kgeography
  kgeography-data kgoldrunner kgpg kig kigo killbots kimagemapeditor
kipi-plugins-common kiriki kiten kjots kjumpingcube
  klettres-data klines klinkstatus kmag kmahjongg kmines kmplot
kmtrace knetwalk kolf kolourpaint4 kommander kompare konquest
  konsolekalendar kpartloader kppp krdc kreversi krfb krosspython
kruler kspaceduel ksquares kstars kstars-data ksudoku
  ksystemlog kteatime ktimer ktorrent-data ktron kttsd kturtle ktux
kubrick kuiviewer kuser latex2html libc6-dbg
  libgpod-common libgpod4 libimage-exiftool-perl libjs-jquery
libkrossui4 libksane0 liblastfm0 libloudmouth1-0
  libqtglib-2.0-0 libqtgstreamer-0.10-0 libqtgstreamerui-0.10-0
libqtscript4-core libqtscript4-gui libqtscript4-network
  libqtscript4-sql libqtscript4-uitools libqtscript4-xml
libtag-extras1 lilypond lilypond-data lilypond-doc lokalize lskat
  nuvola-icon-theme okteta optipng palapeli palapeli-data parley-data
poxml preview-latex-style python-aeidon python-dateutil
  python-enchant python-iniparse python-levenshtein python-simplejson
python-utidylib python-vobject rdesktop rocs step
  tex4ht tex4ht-common texlive texlive-bibtex-extra
texlive-fonts-recommended texlive-fonts-recommended-doc
  texlive-latex-extra texlive-latex-extra-doc texlive-math-extra
texlive-pictures texlive-pictures-doc translate-toolkit
  ttf-sjfonts umbrello valgrind vlc-data wwwconfig-common xsltproc
  phonon-backend-null
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  akonadiconsole akregator amarok ark blinken bomber digikam dolphin
dragonplayer gwenview juk k3b kaddressbook kajongg
  kalarm kamoso kanagram kapman kbattleship kblocks kbounce kde
kde-baseapps kde-config-cddb kde-full kde-plasma-desktop
  kde-plasma-netbook kde-standard kde-workspace kde-workspace-bin
kdeaccessibility kdeartwork kdebase kdebase-workspace-bin
  kdeedu kdegames kdegraphics kdegraphics-mobipocket kdemultimedia
kdemultimedia-kio-plugins kdenetwork kdepasswd kdepim
  kdepim-groupware kdepim-kresources kdepim-wizards kdeplasma-addons
kdesdk kdesdk-dolphin-plugins kdeutils kfind kget
  khangman kid3 kile kipi-plugins kleopatra klettres kmail kmix
kmousetool kmplayer knode knotes kollision konq-plugins
  konqueror konsole kontact kopete korganizer kpat kscd kscreensaver
kscreensaver-xsavers kshisen ksirk ktimetracker ktorrent
  ktouch ktuberling kwordquiz libakonadi-contact4 libk3b6
libk3b6-extracodecs libkcddb4 libkdepim4 libkonq-common
  libkonq5abi1 libokularcore1 libsmokephonon3 libvlc5 libvlccore5
marble marble-plugins okular parley phonon-backend-vlc
  plasma-runners-addons plasma-scriptengine-python
plasma-scriptengines plasma-widget-folderview plasma-widgets-addons
  python-kde4 ruby-phonon system-config-printer-kde vlc-nox
  phonon-backend-null
The following packages will be DOWNGRADED:
  vlc-data
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 downgraded, 107 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 5,123 kB of archives.
After this operation, 401 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

NOT what I want.

Thanks.

Beco

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
doing them" (Aristotle)