Re: Upgrade all "kept back" packages

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 03:05:34PM -0200, Beco wrote:
> Hi guys/gals,
>

> I tried to upgrade one of my systems, and it "kept back" some
> packages. As I want to upgrade all, I did the following:
>

> # apt-get upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> The following packages have been kept back:
>   avidemux-plugins avidemux-qt handbrake-cli libxine1 libxine1-bin
> libxine1-ffmpeg libxine1-misc-plugins
>   libxine1-plugins libxine1-x libxine2 libxine2-bin libxine2-ffmpeg
> libxine2-misc-plugins libxine2-plugins
>   libxine2-x mencoder mjpegtools mplayer transcode vlc vlc-nox
> vlc-plugin-notify vlc-plugin-pulse xvidcap
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 24 not upgraded.

These packages are from deb-multimedia.org.  I'm guessing you no longer
have that repository configured.  So if you want to keep using
deb-multimedia.org, just add this to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy main

(you can also add 'non-free' to the end of that line)

If you don't want to use that repo, then you should probably start
removing all the packages that came from that repo.  I found the
following instructions online:

find all packages from deb-multimedia.org:
aptitude search '~i ?origin(Unofficial Multimedia Packages)'

purge all packages from deb-multimedia.org:
aptitude purge '~i ?origin(Unofficial Multimedia Packages)'

-Rob