Change preferred interface for default gateway?

Hi! It's been awhile. :-)

When I am on wireless and plug into a wired connection, my wireless default route is dropped when the default route for the wired connection is added. It seems wired is always preferred over wireless.

Is there any way to reverse this behavior? Or even better, make it depend on *which* wireless/wired connections I am connected to?

Some googling turns up ifplugd, but that isn't installed on my system -- so I'm curious what the mechanism is that deletes my default route from wlan3.

    Thanks,
          Tyler