Re: [OT?] What's wrong with my exim4 configuration?

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013, Curt wrote:

On 2013-11-10, Itay <debian@itayf.fastmail.fm> wrote:

4. Insert in /etc/exim4/passwd.client the following line:
smtp.mail.provider:myemail@fastmail.fm:ClearTextPassWord

This part I don't understand. I thought you were supposed to put fastmail.fm's
smtp server in the first field?

You got it right. This pseudo server name was mistakenly left here from preliminary versions of the message.
The real passwd.client file has mail.messagingengine.com.

curty@einstein:~$ host mail.messagingengine.com
mail.messagingengine.com has address 66.111.4.51
mail.messagingengine.com has address 66.111.4.52
mail.messagingengine.com mail is handled by 5 in1-smtp.messagingengine.com.
mail.messagingengine.com mail is handled by 20 in2-smtp.messagingengine.com.

*.messagingengine.com:myemail@fastmail.fm:ClearTextPassWord

Maybe I'm not getting something.

Sorry for the misleading message.

Itay