Re: Quoting Style

Subject adjusted to be more meaningfull.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:35:07PM -0400, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
> Dear List -
>
> I appreciate your CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.  I surely do not wish to
> have my posts unanswered.
>
> Introduction -
>
> Industrial standard I think is, top quoting and styled email.

Maybe, but NOT on mailing lists!!

If you want help, conform, otherwise no conform no help.

> This
> is the way my Thunderbird is set.  Mail list requirements are the
> reverse as I well know.  Therefore, I have to adjust Thunderbird to
> these requirements.

Umm, no.

(1) New message - usual story

(2) reply to a message.
    Use list reply (or adjust headers to suit)
    THEN move cursor around message, replying to the parts you want to
    reply to, deleting parts which make no sense to this particular
    post.

(3) In other words, "craft" the message!!!!

Persistent non-trimming top posters get DELETED!!! (and possibly abused)
but not helped!! This makes their lazyness a waste of time to
themselves, it also fills the Internet (archives etc. ...) with loads of
stuff which is HARD to read and actually a right royal PITA when trying
to search for a solution to a "supposedly" simple problem in a hurry.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X