Re: debian net install CD cashing squid.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 11:54:19AM +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
> can i cache all installations/files that net-install CD download from
> debian repo during installation.
> I am  using SQUID as a proxy server.
> please advice. it is taking hell of a time to install one single server.
> almost taking a day. very frustrating........

Don't know about squid, but I have apt-cacher-ng installed here, and
it does what you're looking for very nicely. When I want to do an
install with netinst in a virtual machine, I just point it at my
apt-cacher-ng proxy, and away it flies.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn..net