RE: ssh user@ipv6 address, connect: Network is unreachable

> On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 22:57:27 +0200 <debian_1307@chubig.net> wrote:
> Dear basti,
>
> basti wrote:
> > ssh: connect to host <ipv6_address> port 22: Network is unreachable
>
> if <ipv6_address> is not in your local network, you will either need
> a tunnel or connectivity from your ISP to get IPv6. So this:
>
> > my ISP offers only ipv4, can this be the "error" ?
>
> is indeed the problem.

Further for your knowledge:

In the Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6), the address block fe80::/10 has been reserved for link-local unicast addressing. The actual link local addresses are assigned with the prefix fe80::/64 which is what you see on your wireless interface.

With this link local addresses you will not be about the reach your vps. You may need to look into Tunnel Broker services. Check out:

-M