Re: Switching to 64 bit

It is a choice, but if you have a 64-bit machine, just use 64-bit.
There's really no reason not to unless you're using some specialized
application that doesn't work at all with multilib.

And the benefits are nothing to dismiss. For one, you're actually
getting the full use of your CPU. 32-bit can't address nearly as much
memory natively, won't be able to use the fullest registers on the CPU,
UEFI systems generally won't work too well with 32-bit operating
systems, and 64-bit is slightly faster, and is actually demonstrably
faster for database applications.

The choice is yours, but I promise you're utterly wasting the potential
of your hardware when you do that.