Re: Keyring

On Sun, 2013-06-23 at 13:32 -0400, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
> Dear List -
>
> I get this message when the Keyring appears.
>
> "The password that you use to login to your computer no longer matches
> that of your login keyring"
>
> What can I do?

With Xfce I can start the optional components of gnome-keyring-daemon
when I launch a session automagically, IOW with the login password or if
I don't do this, I can manually give the password when I start
Evolution, the reason it is installed for my Linux.

gnome-keyring-daemon --start --components=gpg
                             --components=secrets
                             --components=pkcs11
                             --components=ssh

some time ago I preferred to manually give the password, now I only
start the GPG agent, not the other three.

I don't like Xfce anymore, it became an annoying DE, but IMO it's easier
to use than GNOME 3.

Google for: change gnome 3 keyring password

E.g.
http://askubuntu.com/questions/65281/how-to-recover-reset-forgotten-gnome-keyring-password

There might be an entry for menu > System > Foo and perhaps Seahorse
does the job.

Hth,
Ralf