Re: Introductory reading on firewall/iptables/etc for new Debian user?

On Wednesday 24 April 2013 11:40:17 Richard Owlett wrote:
> One thing perhaps wasn't clear. I was referring to my
> Windows experience

Sorry, Richard.  :-(  I didn't take in that you had actually _said_ that.

You simply can't use your Windows experience to predict the problems that you
will have in Linux.  They are different.  If you really want to use Linux, I
think that you would do better just to take the plunge.

You are trying to solve problems which simply don't arise in Linux, so do not
need solving in Linux.

Lisi