Re: Introductory reading on firewall/iptables/etc for new Debian user?

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:40:01 +0200
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have never noticed my free version of 9 updating itself. :-/

That's good, it won't. If you occasionally try:

#apt-get autoremove

you will probably see it is trying to rid itself of 'acroread' files. If you want
to upgrade Adobe reader you have to go and get the Debs from Adobe and
install them with dpkg:

# dpkg -i  AdbeRdr9.5.4-1_i386linux_enu.deb  (no x86_64 version available)

Since Linux seems to be the Adobe stepchild to the windows combine it is
only at the modest version of 9x..but works ok for me. This latest verson seems to
work without the Debian files so that's probably good. At any rate I let apt-get
remove them and Adobe reader still lives.

I don't particularly like having to use Adobe Reader but I got really fed up with
trying to print something from xpdf and went over to the beast.

--
CK   ✌