Re: Unstable release is expired

Charles Kroeger wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Means that mirror is stale.
>
> The Argonne National Laboratory goes stale..Is this austerity in action.

US Sequestration in action?  (chuckle) I doubt that is the reason.  At
least not yet.  Maybe soon though.

Mirrors are managed by people volunteering their time and effort and
usually donated resources.  It isn't unheard of for one to have a
problem and go stale.  Hopefully it is transient and it will come back
again.

In addition to the the round robin aliases provided by the
ftp.??.debian.org names there is also the http redirector project.  It
is new but getting some good use.  I am still using the alias but I am
not having problems with stale mirrors either.  One of the advantages
of the redirector is that it will automatically detect stale mirrors
and avoid them.

  http://http.debian.net/

Bob