Re: Serveur with encrypted partition : 2 steps boot.

Erwan David wrote:
> Ok, here is a policy-rc.d which does not work :

Since I led you down this road I set up a test system.  I have been
using policy-rc.d in chroots seemlingly forever and they definitely
work there.  They definitely prevent package upgrades from starting
daemons.

  invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart.

But that is through dpkg and postinst scripts.  When I set up a test
VM system and booted it I was shocked to find that it didn't work.
Just like you found the daemons were still started at boot time.

  Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent: postfix.

Am I completely misunderstanding the documentation on this?  Maybe.
If so then I am sorry for misleading you along with me.  I am
researching the problem.  I think this is completely against the
documented interface.

Bob