Re: rootfs

Hello Roger,

Excerpt from Roger Leigh:

-- <snip> --
> I hope this makes clear why I currently hold the position that /usr
> (*as a separately mountable filesystem*) is not a useful feature.
> I long held the opposite opinion very strongly, until I spent a good
> bit of time really considering the validity of all the assumptions
> behind why we consider it useful, and came to the conclusion that it
> was, for the most part, not useful in the slightest on a modern
> package managed system.

I can very well recall the heated debates on debian-devel several years ago
about this topic. When you said in the previous mail that you are working on
moving /usr to the rootfs i thought oh oh an other valueable feature goes down
the drain. But your argumentation has actually convinced me.

--
Regards,
Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F
721B 1BA0 095C 1ABA 3FC6  7C18 89A4 A2A0 C70B 1A8F