Re: Unexpected results attempting to install Squeeze(6.0.5) to USB flash drive

On Tue 16 Apr 2013 at 14:46:07 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

> My second attempt was using Grub 1.99. It almost worked
> satisfactorily. As I saw no way to disable OS_PROBER(sp?) during the
> install, the menu written to the flash drive includes the Operating
> Systems on the piece of hardware used to write the flash drive.
> This is obviously a problem when wishing to run Debian on another
> set of hardware.

It only takes a few moments to disable os-prober in /etc/default/grub
and run 'update-grub' at the first boot, so the problem is hardly a
biggie.

> *QUESTION:* Is there a way to defeat/disable OS_PROBER(sp?) during
> installation?

If you must:

After getting the installer components switch to a console. Then

   mv /bin/os-prober /bin/os-prober-orig