Data Archiving

Hi all,

I have a records archiving problem and don't know where to start. There are 100 years of records that include hand written material, type written hard copy, photos and a lot of email. I would like to have a system based around mysql (if possible) that would allow flexible data mining.

Are there any good books on the subject or existing Debian software that would do the job. Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated. An answer of I'm an idiot for even trying is acceptable.

Thanks in advance

Gary R