(Re-)Mounting random crypto disk - how to create file system?

Hello.
I set up an encrypted partition with randomly regenerated password that I want to mount at /tmp with some older(6w) wheezy netinstall.
Apparently I need to create a file system there before mounting on every boot, don't I?

I wrote myself a little mount script, that:
Tries to mount ("mount /dev/mapper/sda2_crypt /tmp" )
Failing:ensures umount, calls mkfs.ext3 and retries mount without failure check.

I plan on running this while booting, but don't know at which runlevel. Help?

But I am now asking myself if I need it or if I overlook some handy option with mtab or cryptsetup or..? Any input is highly appreciated, thanks for reading.

Kind Regards,
Simon