Ethan Rosenberg, PhD
Pres/CEO
Hygeia Biomedical Research, Inc
2 Cameo Ridge Road
Monsey, NY 10952
T: 845 352-3908
F: 845 352-7566
erosenberg@hygeiabiomedical.com

On 03/14/2013 05:01 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
On 14/03/13 04:44 PM, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
On 03/14/2013 03:16 PM, mark@neidorff.com wrote:
                    Dear list -

     When I boot my Debian [6.0.1] I receive a message "SSDT not found."
  How do I fix it?

     Thanks.

     Ethan
Did you check the media that you booted from and make sure that it passedthe MD5SUM or other test?
===========
Mark -

Thanks.

I bought this laptop from eBay as a used unit. It had Windows XP loaded when received, and displayed the same problem..  I installed the Debian from official disks.

Ethan

[🔎] 514236A7.90105@hygeiabiomedical.com">

I'm confused by it complaining about SQL Server Data Tools.  :)

What do you mean by "It had Windows XP loaded when received, and displayed the same problem"? Were you able to boot into XP originally? Can you boot into Debian?

This message seems to be related to the BIOS and may be cured by going into the BIOS and resetting everything to the defaults. You can also try running memtest86 to verify that your RAM is good.

Mark -

What do you mean by "It had Windows XP loaded when received, and displayed the same problem"?   When I purchased the computer, Windows XP was loaded on it.  It booted perfectly, but displayed the same error message.  I thought that the error was a function of XP, so I did nothing at that point.

Were you able to boot into XP originally?  See above.

Can you boot into Debian?  Yes.

This message seems to be related to the BIOS and may be cured by going into the BIOS and resetting everything to the defaults. Did it, no luck.

You can also try running memtest86 to verify that your RAM is good. I think that is a Windows function.  No response from Debian.

SSDT -

From Wikepedia - Secondary System Description Table, an ACPI table.

Ethan