Re: Linking lapack and C standard library

Em 14-03-2013 08:00, Francesco Pietra escreveu:
Hello
May I ask how to correctly link lapack and C standard libraries with
Debian amd64 wheezy?

You mean how to compile a C program, linking both lapack and the standard C library to it? I suppose so in the following.

Packages installed: liblapack3gf liblapack3 libblas3 libc6 libc6-dev

You probably need liblapack-dev also, which contains the header files needed to compile our program.

The code to compile makes a generic example:

LIBS="-llapack -lstdc++"

If it's a C program, you don't need the C++ standard library. Suppose your program is a file program.c. Try

gcc -llapack -lm -o program program.c

Usually you don't have to explicitly link the standard C library (because it is standard), except the math portions of it (so use the -lm switch if you are using math functions from the standard lib).

thanks

francesco pietra

João Luis.