Re: how to properly add a dns server

On Seg, 11 Mar 2013, ChadDavis wrote:
I don't want to override it.  I want to add additional nameservers that
"know" about a domain that I need to resolve.  My networking knowledge is
kind of thin, but I suspect that this requirement for the other nameservers
has something to do with the details of intranet segregation in our
corporation . . . does that make sense?  So, I only want to add them as
additional lookup sources, coming after the nameservers that the DHCP
client discovers as the ones suitable for my own host.  Feel free to point
out areas that seem that I really completely don't know what I'm talking
about ;)

As others have explained, that's not how DNS works.

What you probably want is dnsmasq.

--
To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated but not be able to say it.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br