Re: Rooting an Android Tablet on Debian

Hi, not answering your specific question, but

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 02:57:18PM -0400, Charles Kroeger wrote:
> I got a Kobo Arc that runs Android 4.0.4 and would like to become su for this
> device
snip
> I use Calibre with the Arc for moving books around but Calibre is useless
> with the Adobe DRM menace and most of my books require this.

Are you only interested in rooting it in order to solve the second problem? In
which case I can't see *how* it solves the second problem. I guess you need to
strip the Adobe DRM, which if possible, could be done from a desktop machine,
after which your ebook reader on a non-rooted device would be fine.