Re: choosing a web browser

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 12:03:53PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> I need a "sane" webbrowser.
>
> Firstly, I'm not interested in rolling releases. In my experience,
> Firefox 3.6 was the pinnacle in browsers, in the days when Epiphany
> was also a fine option. Things appear to have gone downhill bigtime
> since then, as far as I can tell.

I used to keep my users on Debian Stable's version of Iceweasel.  In the
last couple years, though, I've had complaints about certain features of
websites not working properly with the outdated Iceweasel.  Gmail and
weather.com were two of the offending websites.  Updating to the latest
Iceweasel found at mozilla.debian.net fixed this.

I guess what I'm saying is that finding a stable version of a web
browser and keeping your users on that version is not necessarily the
best way for you to avoid support calls.  I've had fewer complaints now
that I have Iceweasel automatically update to the newest available
version.

-Rob