Re: Parcellite errors

On Sat 09 Mar 2013 at 09:23:37 -0500, Frank McCormick wrote:

> For quite a while now I have been getting this error in
> .xsession-errors log...somedays to the point where the log grows to
> 3 or 4 megs.
>
> (parcellite:2660): Gdk-WARNING **: Error converting selection from
> UTF8_STRING
>

> It seems to me I didnt see this until an upgrade of Parcellite a few
> months ago.
>
> Any idea on what is causing this or how to get rid of it ?

While I cannot help you with either of your questions I do have some
suggestions on actions you can take.

1. Try to determine the circumstances under which you get the warning
   message.

2. Download the Wheezy version of Parcellite (I'm assuming you are using
   Sid). It looks though it should be installable with dpkg-i <package>.
   Check if is warning-free.

3. Report to upstream if there is no other report there.

4. Submit a bug report to the BTS tagging it with a reference to your
   upstream report.