Re: Avoiding restricted boot hardware

On 02/28/13 08:58, Lars Noodén wrote:
Can anyone recommend brands or models of desktop (dinosaur) hardware that is currently safe for Debian?

I have an Intel DQ67SW motherboard with an Intel i7-2600S processor, Corsair CMV8GX3M2A1333C9 memory (8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz dual channel), and Intel 60 GB series 520 SSD running Debian Wheezy amd64. It's about ~1 year old hardware, with all the buzzwords for desktop virtualization and cryptography. Video was problematic until a few months ago, and then it got fixed (I run dual head 1600x1200 CRT's). I have no complaints. :-)

David