Success with USB DVB Card - AverTV Volar Green HD A835

Hello,

I thought I would report a working USB TV card. This is a repeat message as the first didn't seem to work.

1. Installed testing (wheezy) around 1st Feb 2013

2. Install recent kernel from experimental. (3.7 kernel image + headers)

3. Followed instructions at http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_Obtain,_Build_and_Install_V4L-DVB_Device_Drivers

ie.

git clone git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git
cd media_build
./build

sudo make install

Download firmware to /lib/firmware
dvb-usb-af9035-02.fw

Note the rev 2 - the fw currently included in the linuxtv.org package is rev1.

4. Plug in device. Check dmesg says it was successfully installed.

5. sudo apt-get install kaffeine

6. Run kaffiene, scan channels etc.

There was one odd glitch. After scanning channels, the 1st few channels worked fine, but then I would
click on a channel and the audio would initially work, then would fail when the video started working.
Restarting kaffeine seemed to fic this.

Now if only there was something good on telly.............

Cheers,

markrmau