[Possibly OT] Hauppague WinTV card lost sound

I have a Hauppauge 44801 WinTV-GO in my wife's computer, plugged in to
cable, so she can watch TV through tvtime on her sid machine. This
past week, sound stopped in the tvtime app. Sound works in everything
else, but not through the card. I tried plugging the speakers directly
in to the line out on the TV card, and got silence. I've adjusted the
sound levels in aumix.

The odd thing is that this happened with an older version of the same
card a few months ago, so I ordered a refurbished one to replace it,
and this happens again to the same card.

Is there anything more I can do to troubleshoot the sound issues?
Could thi sbe an issue with pulse audio? I have the following
installed of pulse:

dpkg -l | grep pulse
ii  gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio:amd64         0.10.31-3+nmu1
       amd64        GStreamer plugin for PulseAudio
ii  libpulse-mainloop-glib0:amd64          2.0-6
       amd64        PulseAudio client libraries (glib support)
ii  libpulse0:amd64                        2.0-6
       amd64        PulseAudio client libraries
ii  pulseaudio                             2.0-6
       amd64        PulseAudio sound server
ii  pulseaudio-module-x11                  2.0-6
       amd64        X11 module for PulseAudio sound server
ii  pulseaudio-utils                       2.0-6
       amd64        Command line tools for the PulseAudio sound server
ii  vlc-plugin-pulse                       1:2.0.5-dmo1
       amd64        PulseAudio plugin for VLC

Thanks,
--b