Wheezy installation problem

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to install Debian Wheezy amd64 (January 28 iso file) on a new pc
I've just assembled. The mainboard is an Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, with
AMD 990fx/SB950 chipset. The CPU is an AMD FX-8350 and I have 16GB of RAM,
so I'd prefer to avoid the 32bit version of the system if possible.

The installation starts normally, it leads me through all the steps, it
formats the filesystem, copies files, but in the end GRUB installation
fails. I've tried both UEFI and CSM bios settings with no luck, always same
error:

 [!!] install GRUB boot loader on disk
    Installation step failed

or something like that, I just can't copy and paste.

Unfortunately even the 4th console does not say anything useful, like the
reason why it failed. Dmesg doesn't say a thing about this.

I have two SATA disks 1TB each in software RAID, but I've already tried
using only one disk without raid and with only 1 partition and obtained the
same error.

Any clues?