Re: Grub infinite loop problem on dual boot system

On 01/28/2013 02:57 PM, sp113438 wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:15:07 -0800
Gary Roach<gary719_list1@verizon.net>  wrote:

Hi all;

I have a Toshiba Qosmio laptop that has 2 60 GB drives. I formatted
one with the Windows XP that is needed to run all of the bells and
whistles that the Qosmio provides. I installed Debian Squeeze on the
other drive and used Grub as the boot loader. This setup worked fine.
I recently upgraded to Debian Wheezy using the latest iso net install
disk. Since then the system boots to the Grub operating system
selection screen. If I select Debian, the computer starts, loads
grub, shuts down and restarts over and over again. I managed to get
back into the Windows XP side by completely reloading the XP OS from
the factory disks. As long as I select the XP system things work
fine. As soon as I try the Debian system the looping starts again. I
tried to reload the Debian side from the iso disk but the end results
are the same. Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R.

Did you run update-grub?

How do I run update-grub when I can't access Linux

Gary R.