moving from Kubuntu 10.4 to squeeze

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop with 4G of RAM and have been a 'buntu user
since release 7.04. With each release of the new OS from Kubuntu I have been
less and less happy with the so called "quality" and I am planning a move to
Debian. As a Kontact user the problems reported with the new versions of that
particular package are dictating the move to Squeeze. (I subscribe to both the
kde-pim users and developers mail lists.)

I have been experimenting with an installation in a virtual machine and I am
getting ready to make the jump. I am happy with what I have experienced in my
VM and I just want to know if there are any pitfalls I have not foreseen. My
system is backed up every night, so I am not worried about losing anything.

--
Mike McGinn		KD2CNU
Ex Uno Plurima