Re: Current user friendly documentation of Debian repository structure and use???

Richard Owlett wrote:
> songbird wrote:
>>    if anything just try to copy the first dvd and
>> see what happens and what error messages come
>> out of apt-get or synaptic and go from there.
>>
>>    ls /dvd01 if you have the first dvd mounted
>> to /dvd01 should give you the top directories
>> and then you can look further down in from
>> there to see how it looks.
>

> i've suspected as much  *LOL* ;/

  :)

  it may not be the right way in terms of
disk inode use but it worked.  nowadays
it might be better to do a straight image
copy and then to mount them, but it would
take someone else to give you those magic
words.

> For the record
>    - I'm contemporary of parents of Linus Torvalds

  i'm no spring chicken either...  50 is soon.
eek.  time flies.

>    - I've been tempted to ask
>           if Debian (any version) is more powerful/versatile
> than CPM-80
>           Which has more obtuse documentation, CPM-80 or Debian

  the package debian-handbook is very helpful.  also,
debian-reference-en, debian-faq and installation-guide-*...

  reading the lists linux.debian.devel,
linux.debian.devel.release and linux.debian.project
can be helpful at times.  i try to read
linux.debian.maint.boot too and of course this fine
group.

> I've set "Reply To" to debian-user@lists.debian.org
> For those wising to discuss issues personally, my "From:"
> address is valid, if well filtered ;)

  i have very little trouble with spam coming from
usenet posts.  ignoring it and deleting it unread.
i never use an unsubscribe link as it tells them
they hit a live one.

  songbird