Re: ot: file sharing other than yousendit, or sendspace?

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 23:40:46 -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am sort of in a hurry, need to send two small files.  While the y
> might normally go via email, google will not let them through because
> they are program files.

?

Google's Gmail rejects binary executables but IIRC, you can just rename
the file ("my_program.exe" → "my_program_exe.fake") and you're done. Or
better yet, if file size is also a concern, you can split the big file
into small chunks of data, that way you're killing two birds with one
stone.

> I have accounts at both yousend it, which I have not used i n a while,
> and send space which has an error on its upload button. I am not,nor am
> I interested in using the wizard for either, I am at a shell service.
> Any other options for file sharing?

Google will return lots of similar services for just sending big files
and also for sharing.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón