[OT] Will upcoming Debian 8 release default to XFCE for the CD media?

Hello,

Subject says it all.

I ask because I've read this from two different sources¹ now (the other
magazine is written in Spanish), so is this true?

I could only find this mailing list thread² as the official reference but
from the comments on there it does not look like a final decision has
been taken yet on the proposed change and this is a rather big diversion
from the usual default to be passed so inadvertently to the users (yes,
plain users do not read "debian-devel" ;-P).

¹http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTE1NTk
²http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/08/msg00029.html

Greetings,

--