Re: Re: aptitude safe-upgrade stops with a timeout.

It may be due to dbus request for packagekit.  From 'apt-config dump |
grep 'DPkg::Post-Invoke':

<* snip *>
DPkg::Post-Invoke:: "/usr/bin/test
-e /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.PackageKit.service
&& /usr/bin/test -S /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket && /usr/bin/gdbus
call --system --dest org.freedesktop.PackageKit
--object-path /org/freedesktop/PackageKit --timeout 1 --method
org.freedesktop.PackageKit.StateHasChanged cache-update
> /dev/null; /bin/echo > /dev/null";
<*snip*>

Also, there a a few timeout conditions in packagekit itself
from looking at the code.  I'll see if I can reliably
recreate this error (which has been popping up on one
off aptitude installs for me) and experiment
with raising the timeout value.  Things get hectic
toward the end of a package install what with localepurge
and tracker running, so that I'd call that one second
timeout pretty optimistic.