Re: package for dropbox

I've found the debian repo package doesn't work, it installs but when run the daemon says it's install incorrectly
and forwards me to the dropbox website. this might of changed since I last tried
but it might be better to get it from their website

Dick Thomas

On 30 December 2012 18:26, David Guntner <davidg@akamail.net> wrote:
Klearchos-Angelos Gkountras grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> Στις 30/12/2012 03:56 μμ, ο/η lina έγραψε:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use xfce4, I wonder which is the best package to pick for dropbox,
>>
>> # apt-cache search dropbox
> try this
> http://www.webupd8.org/2012/08/how-to-install-dropbox-in-xubuntu-and.html ..
> It works perfectly for me
>
>> cairo-dock-dnd2share-plug-in - Cairo-dock - Dnd2share plug-in
>> dvcs-autosync - Automatically synchronize distributed version control
>> repositories
>> libnet-dropbox-api-perl - Perl module providing a dropbox API interface
>> python-django-social-auth - Django social authentication made simple
>> sparkleshare - distributed collaboration and sharing tool
>> nautilus-dropbox - Dropbox integration for Nautilus

Just as an asside, dropbox.com has a Debian .deb package that can be
downloaded from it, as well as a Python script that can be used to
control it from the shell.

That might be worth looking into as well....

              --Dave

--
About.me http://about.me/dick.thomas
Blog: www.xpd259.co.uk

NOTE: This email and any information contained within or attached in a separate file is confidential and intended solely for the Individual to whom it is addressed. The information or data included is solely for the purpose indicated or previously agreed. Any information or data included with this e-mail remains the property of Richard Thomas and the recipient will refrain from utilising the information for any purpose other than that indicated and upon request will destroy the information and remove it from their records.

If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. No warranties or assurances are made in relation to the safety and content of this e-mail and any attachments. No liability is accepted for any consequences arising from it.

If you have received this email in error please notify me as soon as possible.