Re: [APT::Clean-Installed "0";] doesn't remove packages from experimental repos

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM, piruthiviraj natarajan
<piruthiviraj@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 3:59 AM, Chris Bannister
>> <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

>>> If you know of any packages where this is occuring, then please file a
>>> bug.
>>
>> The appropriateness/inappropriateness of "Recommends" is a relative
>> notion...
>
> I assumed that autoclean removes the packages that are not installed on the
> current system.
>
> I am from arch linux and I was expecting that this clean-installed switch
> removes .deb files that are not installed on the system, like pacman -Sc.
>
> But one still one question remains is How did apt-get autoclean remove the
> vlc related packages .deb files  even though they were clearly not partially
> downloaded files?

"apt-get autoclean" removes deb files in the local cache that are no
longer in the repositories, not deb files in the cache that are no
longer installed locally.

Are the vlc debs that were deleted still in the repositories or have
they been removed?