Re: [APT::Clean-Installed "0";] doesn't remove packages from experimental repos

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM, piruthiviraj natarajan
<piruthiviraj@gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently moved from Arch Linux to Debian Wheezy.
> Is there any way to clean the apt cache for the packages that I am not
> currently using?
>
> I tried using this config
> root@localhost:~# cat /etc/apt/apt.conf
> APT::Clean-Installed "0";
> // auto-remove breaks on meta packages
> APT::Get::AutomaticRemove "0";
> APT::Get::HideAutoRemove "1";
>
> // Recommends are as of now still abused in many packages
> APT::Install-Recommends "0";
> APT::Install-Suggests "0";
> Debug::pkgAutoRemove "0";
>

> Acquire::PDiffs "0";
>
> // Remove apt unauthenticated warnings
> APT::Get::AllowUnauthenticated "0";
> root@localhost:~#
> But after doing an apt-get autoclean, it left some packages in the cache,
> for example it doesnt remove the packages that I downloaded from the
> experimental repos.
> Is there anything obvious that I am missing here?

If you want to clear your entire cache:
# apt-get clean

Note that autoclean just removes old, superseded packages from your
cache, i.e. packages that are no longer available in the repos.

Regards,
Vincent