Re: Dead USB drive?

Do you think that 'Disk utility 2.30.1'  would be able to rescue a USB hard drive that has had Debian 6 accidentally installed on it, over the vital backups? The USB drive has just been sitting on the shelf for two years and not been used since the unfortunate incident.

Thanks
Sharon.

On 25 December 2012 23:13, Russell L. Harris <rlharris@broadcaster.org> wrote:
* Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> [121225 22:42]:
> Now, the USB stick is clearly recognized as plugged, but nothing more;

As a possible quick fix, ask a friend to plug the usb device into his
Window$ machine and allow W$ to format the device.

However, on Squeeze, I have found that Disk Utility 2.30.1 almost
always is able to correct errors I make regarding usb devices.

RH