Re: ssh fails - SOLVED (was: Re: git pull fails with OpenSSL version mismatch error)

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 04:13:21PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Joel Roth wrote:
> > Bob Proulx wrote:
> > > On Sid I have:
> > >   openssh-client 1:6.0p1-3
> > >     Depends: ... libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.1) ...
> > > Make sure that at the least both of those are up to date.
> >
> > Thanks for this suggestion. Your intuition was right!
> >
> > I just needed to update openssh-client and openssh-server.
> >
> > I'm just so used to the dependencies being taken
> > care of by APT, that I was surprised to have to
> > lift my little pinkie.
>
> Uhm... An 'apt-get upgrade' should have offered those for upgrade.
> They do for me.  They didn't for you?  Perhaps you have pinning or
> other preventatives in place?  Please say more!

Ah, I didn't even think to try an apt-get upgrade.
I usually just upgrade apps individually as I need to...
an attitude based on (possibly) outdated fears of
getting stuck in between upgrades of C libraries
or other large-scale brokenness.

'apt-get upgrade' is a good first prophylactic, and this is one
example.

Thanks for your comment. This list/community is a great support.

Happy holidays and best wishes.

Joel

--
Joel Roth