[OFF TOPIC] Set up a webserver

Hi,

I would like to set up a webserver to our department at our
University.

I already have been installed Debian stable and select "web sever"
when it asked me. So, no graphic desktop. Only Command Line and LAMP.

This server will provide our subdomain
(http://ourdepartment.ouruniversity.edu.br). This is easy to do: I
will put all files in /var/www, setup MySQL, dump DB, ...

What I have trouble is how I could set up a personal pages to our
colleagues?

I want to setup some thing like this:
http://ourdepartment.ouruniversity.edu.br/~colleague1 and so on for
all others ones.

I could to that adding all colleagues in the server and they can be
transfer their sites by sft (ssh) or ftp to her/his home
directory. However, anyone of they have knowledge to self to do.

I did a search on the web about Plesk/cPanel like softwares for linux
and found this ones [0].

I ask you if you know one of they? One of they do what I want (my
colleague could transfer and administrate her/his site from the web
like above)?

Have you any site/tutorial to suggest me?

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

--
Marcelo
Brasil (Brazil, for English Speakers)