Re: mariaDB in Debian

Hello there,

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 08:58:58PM +0100, Gour wrote:
> I've started using Tiki which supports both MySQL and MariaDB and
> seeing that the latter is not in the official Debian repos, I wonder
> what is the plan of including it and/or possibly replacing MySQL with
> it?

The plans to include MariaDB are tracked in

Given how much pain MySQL causes the security team (due to the inability
to get the code changes corresponding with a single security issue)
opinions have been voiced to fully replace MySQL with MariaDB, but I
don't know of any definitive outcome of these discussions.

Cheers,
Flo