CUPS is not broadcasting printers

Hi,

my new CUPS Server (1.4.4-7+sq) is not broadcasting any printer queues to the LAN. The required avahi (dnssd) daemon is up and running. Avahi also distributes printers that I have manually creates in the /etc/avahi/services directory, but not the printers that have been configured in CUPS.

I searched around and found an interesting discussion about a bug in CUPS (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+bug/465916) which points into the direction of a new avahi api not used by cups.

I wonder that this bug is still around and how all cups servers in the world broadcast their printers with squeeze today.

Any ideas?

Regards

horst

--- /etc/cups/cupsd.conf ---