/etc/vsftpd.conf, data_connection_timeout parameter.

Two questions relating to one problem with vsftpd.

* Has anyone noticed a case where the data_connection_timeout parameter
  in vsftpd.conf is not respected?  According to online manual pages,
  the default value is 300 s.  In my observations the client receives
  the following message after 600 s regardless of the value specified
  for data_connection_timeout.  "Data timeout. Reconnect. Sorry."

* Can anyone suggest an efficient way of testing the data_connection_timeout
  value?  An unimaginative way is to write a client program which opens
  a connection and sends some packets but never completes the transmission
  properly.  Can the test can be accomplished without writing code?

If the problem becomes more definite and a bug is evident, I can make a
report.

 Thanks,            ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +13606390202  Bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca  http://carnot.yi.org/