Re: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 02:44:19PM -0400, Wally Lepore wrote:
> >On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Sunday 14 October 2012 00:41:46 Wally Lepore wrote:
> >>
> >> Now I can finally join the ranks of Debian users and ask operational
> >> questions, help others and start the real uphill climb in learning all
> >> aspects of linux. A lot more reading and studying for sure - forever.
> >>
> >> :)  Right off the bat I've encountered the following 'oddities'.
> >> 3) Google gmail locks up when I visit the page to check my mail.
> >

> > Which browser?
>
> I'm only using the browsers that installed with the debian netinst
> file. Empathy and Iceweasel. They both play videos in a jagged slow
> motion with no audio. I'm searching for where to configure the audio.
> Still finding my way around. Appreciate any suggestions.

Please open new threads regarding your audio and slow video problems.

But does the command "alsamixer" help at all?
i.e. once you have run alsamixer, does pressing the 'm' key change anything?
(You want to see 'OO' at the bottom of the master control instead of
'MM' - 'MM' means it is muted!)

For jagged video, it could be related to your graphics card driver,
or available RAM, or connection speed ...

oppressing." --- Malcolm X