Re: Creative /etc/X11/xorg.conf

On Lu, 15 oct 12, 12:41:53, Charles Kroeger wrote:

> Here's the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file created by the package: nvidia-xconfig:

[...]

> Section "Device"
>     Identifier     "Device0"
>     Driver         "nvidia"
>     VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
> EndSection

This is the only necessary part in that monster (you can get rid of
VendorName as well), unless you have a *really* old monitor (or one that
advertises wrong values about itself).

> Can anyone see anything in this file that would blow up your computer?

I didn't even bother looking.

> By restoring my old /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to the fore, all was harmonious again.

What problem are you trying to fix with the monster xorg.conf?

> I did not post my own /etc/X11/xorg.conf file because of its humble appearance
> compared to this one created by nvidia-xconfig.

I'll take minimal config anytime if possible.

Kind regards,
Andrei