Re: Recurring email messages in IceDove and I'm feeling deja vu

Try rebuilding/repairing your INBOX and/or other effected folders. Right-click
on the folder in the left-hand pane, select 'Properties' and then "Repair
Folder".  This can happen when Thunderbird's cache gets out-of-sync from the
server and it cannot figure out how to get back in sync on it's own. I used to
get this quite a lot when using IMAP to access an Exchange mailbox (Exchange is
a notoriously poor IMAP server)