Re: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

Wally Lepore <wallylepore@gmail.com> writes:

> I just realized something important. When I set my Debian drive (sdb)
> for partitioning, I used the 'Manual' setup and chose Logical Volume
> Manager (LVM) non-encryption method.

Do you really need LVM?

> Is this 'Review Partition Layout' screen (displayed for review before
> writing to disks) the actual order of partitions on the Debian drive
> (sdb)? or is it just a review window?

How did you set up LVM, and what does fdisk -l say?

> In my case, if I tell the Debian installer to place the GRUB
> boot-loader into   (hdd1,1)  or  /dev/sdb, will it place the GRUB
> boot-loader in the  '/' (root partition) due to the fact that its
> listed FIRST in the 'Review Partition Layout' screen?

Did you install grub in a partition or into the MBR?  If you installed
it in a partition, how can you boot from that?  The BIOS isn't aware of
partitions, or is it?

--
Debian testing iad96 brokenarch