Re: Add a PCI USB card

On 09/23/2012 03:29 PM, Alex Padoly wrote:
Sir,

I have a server with Debian 6.0, I would like to put a card to have an USB 2.0 ports.
I would like to know how Squeeze going to manage it at the first boot.
Thanks!
Regards.
Alex PADOLY
I would like to suggest that you get a usb-3 card. If you should ever want to
use an external drive of any kind --hard drive, CDrom, or whatever--it's
much faster, and more peripherals will be made to use usb-3 as time goes on.

I have an IO-PEU433 card in my machine. The card comes
from Koutech Systems, Inc.  It has 3 external ports and one
internal. Unfortunately, the internal is the same kind of jack as the external.
Running PCLINUXOS, and the card "just works."  It requires a driver for
Windows, but Linux likes it with no fuss whatever.  This unit has a VIA
Technologies controller, and comes on a PCI-Express card.

It's kind of expensive, and may be superseded by something, since
one of the large vendors no longer has any.

Just my 2¢   --doug