Re: command line interface tool question

Am Samstag, 22. September 2012 schrieb Jude DaShiell:
> What command line interface tool or tools does Linux have available to
> snag a graphical image of what's on the screen and save that image in a
> file?  If you're running lynx and you come up on a website with a
> captcha on a form and want to snag that captcha so you can send it to
> a captcha solving site what can be used to do that?

apt-cache search captcha yields slimrat and slimrat-nox. In package
description is stated that it can use tesseract OCR to solve captcha
automatically.

Since it appears to be Perl maybe you can dig that out of it?

Apart from that I think there are even native X11 tools for capturing an
image. I have xloadimage on my mind, but I do not have it installed atm. I
am pretty sure that there is a pretty basic X11 tool available however.